Map of the Captaincy of Pernambuco and Ceará from 1680
This rare charter of the Captaincies of Ceará and Pernambuco extends from the Formosa River to the Estremo River and has the São Francisco River as its center.
Much information is derived from maps drawn for the Dutch West India Company during their attempt to wrest control of the region from the Portuguese.
North is oriented to the right of the graph by a compass rose. It is finely adorned with two cartouches and sailboats.