Fernando de Noronha is 545 km from Recife, capital of the State of Pernambuco; 360 km from Natal, capital of the State of Rio Grande do Norte and 710 km from the city of Fortaleza, capital of the State of Ceará.
How to get to Fernando de Noronha?
The Archipelago of Fernando de Noronha is actually formed by the top of the mountains of a mountain range of volcanic origin, with its base located about 4,000 metres deep: the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
The options to get there are: by air, daily through the airlines TRIP and GOL and by sea on the transatlantic Blue de France, only for predetermined seasons, usually from October to February.
When to go?
In Fernando de Noronha, the average temperature is 28 degrees on land and 26 degrees at sea.
Fernando de Noronha has two well-defined seasons: summer, from September to January; and winter, from February to August. In summer, the climate is very dry and the landscape yellowish.
In winter it rains more, but the land scenery is more beautiful. Divers prefer the months of July to September, when the waters are calmer and more transparent.
Surfers, meanwhile, face the biggest waves in December and January, when the combination of winds makes for perfect swells. For hiking, prefer the months of September and October, when the island remains green but the rains cease.
What to do?
6 Days Itinerary in Fernando de Noronha
- Day 1: Arrival in Fernando de Noronha and Centre Beaches: Praia do Cachorro, Praia do Meio and Sunset at Praia da Conceição
- Day 2: Island Tour and Sunset at Forte do Boldró
- Day 3: Boat Tour (half day) and snorkelling at Porto de Santo Antônio Beach – Sunset at São Pedro Chapel
- Day 4: Atalaia Trail or Abreus Trail (book upon arrival at ICMBio headquarters) + Sueste Beach + Leão Beach
- Day 5: Baía do Sancho and Baía dos Porcos for the second time – Sunset at Pedra do Bode
- Day 6: Emerald Coast Trail beaches (Boldró and Americano) or choose another trail in Noronha
- Day 7: Farewell to Fernando de Noronha
Tourism and Travel Guide – How to arrive and when to go to Fernando de Noronha